Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Surface Design snapshots

There are some really wonderful surface design pieces out in the market right now, from homeware to clothing I thought I'd share some of my favourite pieces I have seen recently.. I love looking out for great design as inspiration!

Below: Bird Silhouette mug from Sainsburys, available in duck egg or pink. I love the simple 1 colour design with a combination of solid shapes and line details and sweet motifs



Below: Fluro Print Vest from New Look, I just adore the bright colours and geometric pattern



Below: Pop Art Purple Floral Crop Top from New Look, this piece has a lovely colour palette and a great mix of textured colours and black lines


Below: Some photos I took of a window display I saw in St Ives, Cornwall whilst on holiday, it was such a nice arrangement of beautiful surface design pieces, unfortunately it was just a little gift shop and when I went inside none of the products had any branding or labelling on so I don't actually know who made them! I loved all the different florals, polka dots and laser cut tree with flowers and birds!



Below: Hummingbird Asymmetric Vest from BHS, this may be for kids but I love this simple elegant white bird print on my favourite colour - TURQUOISE!



Below: Items in the apple pattern from Paperchase, tea towel and diary. I love the printed texture to the organic shapes and the way they are layered, so fresh and fun!


Finally, I've signed up to take part in this year's Tigerprint Gifted? A design a day competition, you can read the press release here. Between 27th June and 31st July you will get sent a different theme everyday where you create something, you can sketch, doodle, stitch, collage, paint, photograph, embroider, type, render, scult.. anything goes. The only confinement is that you can only use black and white, so I've been looking out for interesting black and white designs, like this black and white floral shift dress from M&S below, to inspire me for the beginning of this great project! 



I've been working on some new surface designs and been given LOTS of amazing vintage fabrics, so many exciting blog posts to come in the next few days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment