Thursday, May 26, 2011

Today I made..

Fabric bowls!

Whilst browsing Etsy I saw some really beautiful fabric bowls and thought.. I'd like to do that! So I found an online tutorial, grabbed myself some cord and strips of fabric and away I went. I used the tutorial by Linda Permann on craftstylish.com which you can find HERE!

Technically you are supposed to use cotton 'clothesline' but this doesn't seem to exist in the UK, so instead I used piping cord. Picked up 3 metres of 5mm cord from John Lewis, at £1 a metre, thought this wasn't too bad but as I started to swirl round making the bowl I realised that 3 metres wasn't going to go very far! Each of the small bowls below measure about 3 inches across at the top and are approximately 1 inch tall, they took 1.5 metres of cord each to make! So if you're going to try this make sure you have lots of cord before you start!














So simple! All you need is a sewing machine, some cord and few bits of fabric, you can use bits of different fabrics if you want to mix the colours up!

I've ordered 100M of cord so will be making some larger bowls when that arrives and will upload some more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment