Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Corrupted

My computer has been doing some very strange things recently, Illustrator can no longer export to PNG without crashing and creating a corrupted file.. It's quite annoying.

It also corrupted some of my holiday photos, which is also very annoying, but while I was browsing through I started to notice that some of the corrupted photos are quite interesting so I thought I would share a few!

Not understanding the technical side of why the images have corrupted or what it does to them, I find it really interesting how sometimes it muddles up sections, adds colours (where does it even get these colours from?!) or bleaches the image..














All images copyright Rosie Simons 2012

2 comments:

  1. Reassuringly, I have all the holiday photos on my PC too, so the corrupt ones can be replaced. It would be interesting (in a sad way) to see whether dates / sizes got changed in the process, or just the internals "reorganised".

    ReplyDelete